The Daniel P. Ryan Foundation will be awarding up to two senior athletes with the Annual Daniel P. Ryan Memorial Scholarship at this year’s Senior Awards Night. Any Monroe Township Senior Athlete is eligible to apply for the Scholarship. The scholarship will be a one-time award up to $1500 each.
The Daniel P. Ryan Memorial Scholarship has been established for many reasons but most importantly to carry on the name of Danny Ryan, Class of 1987. We are seeking the recipients that meet the following criteria.
- Plays for the love of the game
- Shows leadership on the field and in the classroom
- Community Service
To apply for the Daniel P. Ryan Memorial Scholarship please follow the instructions below:
- A copy of your high school transcript
- A written essay explaining to us why you feel you would be the best recipient of this honored scholarship.
- Explain how academics & sports have developed your character, and how it has made you into the person and senior athlete you are today. Please give specific examples and situations.
- Why have you chosen these specific sports and community activities?
- 2 to 3 letters of recommendation
- A brief outline of your athletic, community service, and academic history up to and including your senior year
- Future goals
- What college are you attending?
- What is your major and why?
Please mail the required information to:
Daniel P. Ryan Foundation
P.O. Box 3145
Point Pleasant, NJ 08742
Finalists may be required to attend an interview with the Executive Board.
Any questions or comments please email us.